Spongebob Squarepants on Nickelodeon got interrupted by a kids special explaining September 11: what happened and who is to blame.
The underlined situation: the bad guys shown were a stereotypical arab with a turban, feeding our kids a negative racist predisposition on a superficial level concerning a much more complex manner.
Stop brainwashing children with your ridiculous propaganda.
KYM has an excellent article detailing everything you could want to know about the purported Anonymous involvement in Occupy Wall Street. Basically:
- Invade Wall Street was to be a DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attack on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)’s servers scheduled for today, October 10th, 2011.
- The NYSE did go down for about
half an hour[update: a few minutes] on 10/10/11.
- Anonymous has previously attempted to DDoS the NYSE in July 2009.
- Anonymous is now currently divided over Invade Wall Street because it would use LOIC technology, which is easily traceable and would get many people arrested. There is new technology called Refref, which would be much harder to trace. Anonymous therefore advised against using LOIC and to use a public WiFi hotspot, if they must go through with the DDoS attack at all.
- There are also people within Anonymous saying that Invade Wall Street is a media hoax intended to give Occupy Wall Street protesters a bad name.